NASCAR takes chicane out of Mexico City straight
Nobody seems sorry to see the chicane gone from the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez straightaway, writes David Newton.
MEXICO CITY -- Busch Series drivers were more afraid to maneuver through the chicane at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez road course a year ago than they were to drink the local water.
"I didn't mind the chicane too much. There was just that one trip to the hospital. Other than that, it was just fine." -- Carl Edwards
Jamie McMurray called it a death trap. Denny Hamlin said it wreaked havoc. Carl Edwards said it was like driving through a single garage door at a hundred miles ...
Read full story
• Zoom Gallery | Surround
• Blount: Vintage -- and spectacular -- Montoya
• Newton: Win doesn't win over peers
• Montoya wins in Mexico City
• Newton: Montoya feeling at home | Blog
• Pruett on the pole
• Blount: Pick 'em | Blog
• Agulla: Montoya rising to challenge
• Vega: A nice show, but only that
• Guerra: What's in track's name?
• Newton: No more chicanery
• Blount: Biggest stars absent
• Hangin' with Hamlin
• Rusty Nails It
• Fofaria: It's better in Mexico
Noticias y análisis
• Montoya se queda con la victoria
• Posiciones finales de la carrera
• Vega: La NASCAR salió ganando
• Montoya se disculpa con Pruett
• Mexicanos no tuvieron suerte
• NASCAR confirma México 2008