Heading into qualifying, Montoya has impressive time
MEXICO CITY -- Juan Pablo Montoya proved Friday he doesn't need an open-wheel car to post fast laps on a road course.
Montoya turned the fastest lap of the day on the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez road course during the final Busch Series practice at 104.180 mph in the No. 42 Dodge.
Qualifying is Saturday for the Telcel Motorola 200 on Sunday afternoon. This is Montoya's first road-course event in a stock car, but he raced on the 2.5-mile Mexico City road course when he drove in the ...
Read full story
• Zoom Gallery | Surround
• Blount: Vintage -- and spectacular -- Montoya
• Newton: Win doesn't win over peers
• Montoya wins in Mexico City
• Newton: Montoya feeling at home | Blog
• Pruett on the pole
• Blount: Pick 'em | Blog
• Agulla: Montoya rising to challenge
• Vega: A nice show, but only that
• Guerra: What's in track's name?
• Newton: No more chicanery
• Blount: Biggest stars absent
• Hangin' with Hamlin
• Rusty Nails It
• Fofaria: It's better in Mexico
Noticias y análisis
• Montoya se queda con la victoria
• Posiciones finales de la carrera
• Vega: La NASCAR salió ganando
• Montoya se disculpa con Pruett
• Mexicanos no tuvieron suerte
• NASCAR confirma México 2008