Around the Grapefruit League
New York Mets: Pedro Martinez threw a baseball Wednesday for the first time since rotator cuff surgery last October.
The Mets ace lightly tossed a ball for about 10 minutes from a distance of about 45 feet at the team's minor league complex in Port St. Lucie, Fla.
"He looked good," said Randy Niemann, the Mets' rehabilitation pitching coordinator. "It's just the beginning. It's the start of a long process, but he looked really good."
Mets manager Willie Randolph and pitching ...
Read full story
SPRING TRAINING NEWS
Follow the day's news from spring training in the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues as we begin the countdown toward Opening Day on Sunday (Mets at world champion Cardinals, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2):
• Colon, Weaver, Figgins on DL
• Pirates send Sanchez to the DL
• Rogers has clot removed, will miss first half
• Sabathia throws, says he's ready for opener
• Pavano to start Opening Day for Yankeees
• A's put Dan Johnson on DL with hip injury
• Walker signs minor league deal with A's
• Grapefruit: Towers wins spot in Jays' rotation
• Cactus: Big Unit to start season on DL