Hokies unite to begin healing process
Campus venues in Blacksburg, normally reserved for the excitement and innocence of intercollegiate athletics, were transformed into places for healing and grieving Tuesday.
BLACKSBURG, Va. -- When Virginia Tech student Brandi Baumeier saw thousands of people lined up on the sidewalks surrounding Cassell Coliseum and Lane Stadium on Tuesday morning, the scene immediately reminded her of a much more joyous event.
"I looked out the window and it looked like a football game -- the colors and the mass exodus," said Baumeier, a junior from Newport News, Va., "but then you realize there are 32 people who aren't walking down to the football game."
Read full story
MASSACRE AT VIRGINIA TECH
• Yanks to play exhibition at Va. Tech
• Schlabach: Hokies hopeful about future
• Ex-Hokie Vick donates $10,000 for victims families
• Schlabach: Coaches scramble to reach players
• Schlabach: Blacksburg stands strong
• Smith: Proud Hendrick Hokies saddened by tragedy
• NASCAR to pay tribute to victims
• Remainder of spring football canceled
• Miami baseball adds security for Va. Tech trip
• Nationals pay tribute