Few will forget where they were during shootings
As word of Monday's shooting rampage spread across the Virginia Tech campus, coaches scrambled to get in touch with their players and make sense of the tragedy.
BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Virginia Tech basketball coach Seth Greenberg had just returned from breakfast with a candidate for a vacancy on his coaching staff. Hokies associate head football coach Billy Hite was finishing up a meeting with his running backs. Wide receiver Michael Reid was walking to class, and former offensive lineman Brandon Frye was working out in the weight room on the bottom floor of Cassell Coliseum.
Wherever Virginia Tech's athletes and coaches were when shots rang out on ...
Read full story
MASSACRE AT VIRGINIA TECH
• Yanks to play exhibition at Va. Tech
• Schlabach: Hokies hopeful about future
• Ex-Hokie Vick donates $10,000 for victims families
• Schlabach: Coaches scramble to reach players
• Schlabach: Blacksburg stands strong
• Smith: Proud Hendrick Hokies saddened by tragedy
• NASCAR to pay tribute to victims
• Remainder of spring football canceled
• Miami baseball adds security for Va. Tech trip
• Nationals pay tribute