Handicapping the Kentucky Derby happens to be the biggest brainteaser in the universe, more challenging than diabolical Sudoku or Mensa quizzes in the back of airline magazines.
Some people want to make it even tougher.
They also want to know how these 3-year-olds compare to 3-year-olds of years past.
I'm struggling to compare Circular Quay to Scat Daddy. Who has time to ponder the what-ifs of a hypothetical race between Curlin and Afleet Alex?
Comparing entire crops of ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
June 9, 2007
• Belmont champ Rags to Riches eyes Travers
• Gomez's loss proves Velazquez's gain
• Pletcher, Velazquez end Triple Crown droughts
• Hard Spun was all done in the Belmont
• Pletcher deserves 'Riches' after Belmont
• Rags to Riches beats Curlin in Belmont
• Street Sense to skip Belmont
• Curlin denies Street Sense in Preakness
• Street Sense wins Kentucky Derby
• Mayne: Racing needs racing
• Finley: What about an encore?
• Cronley: Triple Crown Q&A
• Cronley: My Belmont Day
• Finley: The Belmont horse by horse
• Moss: Street Sense just didn't finish