Hewitt digs hole, climbs out to beat Gaudio at French Open
PARIS -- Lleyton Hewitt rallied from two sets down for the fourth time in his career Thursday and beat 2004 champion Gaston Gaudio 4-6, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4, 6-2 in the second round of the French Open.
Also Thursday, two-time tournament champion Rafael Nadal also advanced to the third round, sweeping aside Italian qualifier Flavio Cipolla 6-2, 6-1, 6-4.
Hewitt, a two-time Grand Slam champion, missed two months
because of a back injury and returned at the Rome Masters in ...
Read full story
2007 FRENCH OPEN
May 27-June 10
Women: Justine Henin
Men: Rafael Nadal
• Henin wins third straight title
• DeSimone: Henin's personal journey
• Garber: Third set hard to come by in final
• Top 10 facts about Henin
• Federer-Nadal daily watch
• Making the case for Rafa, Roger
• It's Federer vs. Nadal in French Open final
• Garber: Another record for Roger
• DeSimone: Rafa rolling toward third final
• DeSimone: Ivanovic coach-free for final
• Who will win women's final?