Jankovic wears down Venus in another Grand Slam
One of the most intriguing questions this season is whether Venus Williams is intent on measuring up to her former stature. Her enigmatic third-round loss to Jelena Jankovic at the French Open didn't provide much of an answer.
PARIS -- Whatever their form, whatever their results, the Williams sisters are still viewed first as a unit and secondly as the dual chalk mark on the wall that any top woman player measures herself against.
One of the most intriguing questions in the sport this season is whether Venus Williams is intent on and capable of measuring up to her former stature. Her enigmatic third-round loss to Jelena Jankovic at the French Open didn't provide much of an answer.
Jankovic arguably has the ...
Read full story
2007 FRENCH OPEN
May 27-June 10
Women: Justine Henin
Men: Rafael Nadal
• Henin wins third straight title
• DeSimone: Henin's personal journey
• Garber: Third set hard to come by in final
• Top 10 facts about Henin
• Federer-Nadal daily watch
• Making the case for Rafa, Roger
• It's Federer vs. Nadal in French Open final
• Garber: Another record for Roger
• DeSimone: Rafa rolling toward third final
• DeSimone: Ivanovic coach-free for final
• Who will win women's final?