Federer, Nadal favorites to advance to final
The top two seeds, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, are the favorites to advance to the French Open final. However, each face a tricky semifinal opponent.
MEN'S SEMIFINALS PREVIEW
By Matt Wilansky, ESPN.com
No. 1 Roger Federer vs. 4. Nikolay Davydenko Ostensibly this looks like a mismatch all around. Federer has played and defeated Davydenko in all eight of their career encounters.
Their last was a straight-sets drubbing at the U.S. Open semifinals last year. Then in January at the Australian Open, Federer conceded a set but went on to win in four.
So why will this time be any different?
"Because I ...
Read full story
Dates: June 26-July 9
Defending champions: Venus Williams, Roger Federer
Time difference: Great Britain is 5 hours ahead of ET
• Day 13: Federer wins men's title
• Garber: Federer maintains supremecy
• Sheppard: Nadal No. 2, and closing, on grass
• Notebook: Gilbert deal to coach Murray not official ... yet
• Jensen: Federer learned from French Open
• Day 12: Mauresmo wins women's title
• Garber:Mauresmo keeps nerves in check
• Sheppard: Bryans complete career Grand Slam
• Shriver, Fernandez: Mauresmo held up when it mattered
• Men's final preview: Nadal won't be an easy out
• Day 10: Women's semis | Nadal reaches semifinals
• Garber: Mauresmo breaks through
• Garber: Nadal's transition to grass
• Shriver: Two Grand Slam finals in one
• Navratilova loses final Wimbledon match
• Paul Goldstein blog
• Day 9: Men's quarterfinals
• Garber: Baghdatis awaits Nadal-Nieminen winner
• Garber: Navratilova wants one more title
• Sheppard: Bjorkman wins five-set marathon
• Notebook: Women's semifinal previews
• Nestor-Knowles win longest Grand Slam doubles match in history
• Day 8: Women's quarterfinals
• Garber: Belgians meet for third time in '06
• Garber: Mauresmo at home in Wimbledon
• Hawkins: Sharapova not fazed by streaker, Dementieva
• Notebook: Quarterfinal previews