French Open champ wins in straight sets ... again
Two-time defending champion Justine Henin had a difficult draw at the French Open. Maybe that's why the final seemed easy, writes Greg Garber.
PARIS -- The look on Mary Pierce's face was as wooden as the Roland Garros chair that was her vantage point during Saturday's women's championship. As she fanned herself and wiped her brow in the steady sun, you had to wonder if Pierce was having flashbacks.
For she had seen this final before. Indeed, Pierce had lived it
The 2000 French Open champion was the guest of the French Tennis Federation and the choice to present the sterling silver trophy to the winner. For the fourth time in ...
Read full story
2007 FRENCH OPEN
May 27-June 10
Women: Justine Henin
Men: Rafael Nadal
• Henin wins third straight title
• DeSimone: Henin's personal journey
• Garber: Third set hard to come by in final
• Top 10 facts about Henin
• Federer-Nadal daily watch
• Making the case for Rafa, Roger
• It's Federer vs. Nadal in French Open final
• Garber: Another record for Roger
• DeSimone: Rafa rolling toward third final
• DeSimone: Ivanovic coach-free for final
• Who will win women's final?