Wie suffers another setback, forced out of Women's Open
SOUTHERN PINES, N.C. -- Perhaps now Michelle Wie will take some time to let her injured wrist -- and her psyche -- heal.
The one-time teenage phenom suffered another setback on Saturday at the U.S. Women's Open, where she withdrew on the 10th hole after aggravating a wrist injury that kept her out for four months earlier this year and has led to some unsightly golf since her return.
Wie, who shot an 82 during the first round, said she woke up with ...
Read full story
2007 U.S. WOMEN'S OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Where: Pine Needles Lodge & Golf Club, Southern Pines, N.C.
Yardage/Par: 6,644 yards; par 71
2007 champion: Cristie Kerr
• Sunday recap: Kerr wins by two
• Harig: Kerr completes her transformation
• Wojciechowski: Don't give up on Wie yet
• Harig: Ochoa comes up short (again)
• Saturday recap: Shin leads by one
• Harig: Ochoa on course in major title chase
• Friday recap: Angela Park grabs lead
• Wie withdraws halfway through second round
• Sirak: Time for Wie to step back from golf
• Harig: Pak was a pioneer in her homeland
• 12-year-old reaches weekend... sort of
• Round complete: Thompson shoots 76
• Thurs. recap: Park grabs lead
• Sirak: Wie's 82 could have been worse
• Harig: No sweat for Park
• Harig: Webb shoots 'terrible' round of 83
• Sirak: Major wins really are major achievements
• Harig: Do majors mean less to top women golfers?
• Sirak: Women's Open highlighted by intriguing questions
• Harig: Thompson, 12, embarks on record-setting appearance
• Alternate Shot: Talking Women's Open