Let's not give up on Wie just yet
There's a reader who e-mails me every time Michelle Wie shoots 80-something, withdraws from a tournament, angers Dottie Pepper and her dog, or doesn't make the cut. He's not a complete nut job, but if I had to choose between his brain mass or the size of a Pro-V1, I'm taking the Titleist. This guy revels in Wie's failures and mocks anyone (hello) who thinks Wie has the talent to do a Tiger Woods on the LPGA Tour and one day qualify for a PGA Tour event.
I'm on the Wie golf cart. I've been ...
Read full story
2007 U.S. WOMEN'S OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Where: Pine Needles Lodge & Golf Club, Southern Pines, N.C.
Yardage/Par: 6,644 yards; par 71
2007 champion: Cristie Kerr
• Sunday recap: Kerr wins by two
• Harig: Kerr completes her transformation
• Wojciechowski: Don't give up on Wie yet
• Harig: Ochoa comes up short (again)
• Saturday recap: Shin leads by one
• Harig: Ochoa on course in major title chase
• Friday recap: Angela Park grabs lead
• Wie withdraws halfway through second round
• Sirak: Time for Wie to step back from golf
• Harig: Pak was a pioneer in her homeland
• 12-year-old reaches weekend... sort of
• Round complete: Thompson shoots 76
• Thurs. recap: Park grabs lead
• Sirak: Wie's 82 could have been worse
• Harig: No sweat for Park
• Harig: Webb shoots 'terrible' round of 83
• Sirak: Major wins really are major achievements
• Harig: Do majors mean less to top women golfers?
• Sirak: Women's Open highlighted by intriguing questions
• Harig: Thompson, 12, embarks on record-setting appearance
• Alternate Shot: Talking Women's Open