Looking at the biggest blunders in major history
CARNOUSTIE, Scotland -- Here's a fun drinking game for you this week:
Every time Jean Van de Velde's name is mentioned is reference to his 1999 collapse at Carnoustie, take a swig.
Whether you get into the spirit of the competition with your favorite bottle of Scotch or simply sip some tea while munching on crumpets, the effect will be the same. Expect your thirst to be quenched early and often.
That's because Van de Velde's blunder -- we can't bring ourselves to use the "c" word; ...
Read full story
BRITISH OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Where: Carnoustie Golf Links, Carnoustie, Scotland
Yardage/Par: 7,421 yards; par 71
2007 champion: Padraig Harrington
British Open leaderboard
• Recap: Harrington wins in playoff
• Wojciechowski: Final-round thrill ride
• Sobel: Harrington completes long journey
• Sirak: Garcia will bear burden of loss
• Harig: Garcia chalks up loss to bad breaks
• Harig: Romero's wild ride
• Harig notebook: No more Carnasty
• Sobel: Round 4 blog
• Round 4 photo gallery
• Round 3 recap: Garcia leads by three
• Harig: Sergio won't have to worry about Tiger
• Sobel: What each contender needs to do
• Wojciechowski: Stricker is America's best hope
• Sobel: Round 3 blog
• Harig: No. 18 is the bitter end
• Harig notebook: Tiger gives himself a "chance"
• Round 3 photo gallery
• Round 2 recap: Garcia up two
• Wojciechowski: Garcia bellies up to the lead
• Harig: Boo gets some cheers
• Sobel: Round 2 blog
• Harig: Woods' run in jeopardy
• Harig notebook: Bye, Phil!
• Sobel: Choi in hunt for first major
• Round 2 photo gallery
• Round 1 recap: Garcia up by two
• Harig: Top players heat up in cold
• Sobel: Sergio continues maturation process
• Wojciechowski: Player's imperfect 10?
• Harig notebook: McIlroy impresses
• Sobel: Round 1 blog
• Harig: Tiger gets a ruling
• Round 1 photo gallery