Siegel's merger maneuver brings him full circle; may have saved DEI
Max Siegel was ready to get into NASCAR years ago with best friend Reggie White. With White gone, Siegel has come full circle, shepherding the acquisition of Ginn Racing into DEI and scoring the driver -- Aric Almirola -- he and White wanted all along, writes Marty Smith.
Updated: July 26, 2007, 7:08 PM ETBy Marty Smith | ESPN.com
INDIANAPOLIS -- When Dale Earnhardt Inc. president Max Siegel finalized his company's acquisition of Ginn Racing on Tuesday evening his NASCAR experience came eerily full circle.Siegel told ESPN.com on Wednesday that three years ago he was prepared to partner with NFL Hall of Famers Reggie White and Ronnie Lott, as well as former San Francisco 49ers owner Eddie DeBartalo Jr., in purchasing MB2 Motorsports, which at the time fielded the Nos. 01 and 10 Chevrolets. The ...
Read full story
Read full story
ALLSTATE 400 AT THE BRICKYARD
• Newton: Kyle Busch growing up?
• Blount: Dodge poised to make move?
• Monday Rundown: Chevy still on top
• Crucial Crew Call: 42 crew good, 20's better
• Blount: Stewart starting another summer roll?
• Newton: More Montoya magic
• Recap: Stewart tames the Brickyard
• Schwarb: Junior's trouble a break for bubble boys
• Schwarb: Johnson's hopes go up in smoke
• Notebook: Harvick won't be penalized for love tap
• Sorenson, Montoya on front row
• Newton: Small-town boy, big-time dreams
• Blount: Should Johnson be worried?
• Schwarb: Solving the Brickyard puzzle
• Notebook: Competition yellow will fly
• ESPN.com's Allstate 400 at the Brickyard picks
• Five drivers to watch at the Brickyard
• Five things to watch at the Brickyard
• Blount: Brickyard launched the new NASCAR
• Inside The Hauler: Get big or get out?
• Chase Tales: A special race at special place
• The Eliminator: You have to love Jeff Gordon
• Newton: Will Martin make a DEI dream team?
• Door-To-Door: Siegel comes full circle
• Blount's Blitz: That good ol' Indy magic
• Power Rankings: Is Stewart ready to roar?
• Draft Track: Introduction
• Draft Track: Jeff Gordon and Denny Hamlin
• Draft Track: Matt Kenseth and Jimmie Johnson
• Tony Stewart wins at the Brickyard
• Stewart celebrates second Brickyard win
• Rusty Wallace's take on this year's Brickyard
• Dale Jarrett breaks down the Brickyard
• Sorenson scores first career pole
• Who'll kiss the bricks?
• Brickyard brings out the best in drivers
• Tech Center with Tim Brewer
• State of Evernham Motorsports
• Crew chief suspensions
• Dale Jr.'s ready to roll with Mark Martin
• Mark Martin's ready to go
• The history of NASCAR at Indy
• Is NASCAR welcomed at Indy?
• NASCAR Driver Pick'em
• Fantasy NASCAR: Brickyard Preview
• Kissing the Bricks at Indy
• Which are the biggest NASCAR races?
• Racing at the Brickyard
• NASCAR's 2007 First Half Images
• RaceDay: Stewart masters the Brickyard
• RaceDay: Stewart, Johnson talk Brickyard
• RaceDay: Burton, Gordon and Mears get ready