Saints' Brown hurt in practice with bone bruise
JACKSON, Miss. -- What looked like a serious knee injury to Saints starting left tackle Jammal Brown on Tuesday morning was later diagnosed as a bone bruise.
"The encouraging thing is there wasn't any ligament damage the doctors were able to find," on an MRI or an X-ray, head coach Sean Payton said Tuesday evening. "So, we're fortunate and obviously that's a big relief."
Earlier Tuesday, trainers carted Brown from the practice field
when he crumpled to the ground with a right ...
Read full story
NFL TRAINING CAMPS
The countdown is on toward the start of the 2007 season; rosters were trimmed to 75 by Tuesday and reached 53 by Saturday. The regular season starts Sept. 6 when the Saints visit Indianapolis to face the Super Bowl champion Colts. Camp index
Analysis• Clayton: Waiver claims interesting
• Clayton: Big cutdown day on Saturday
• Redskins re-sign Cooley
• Priest Holmes comeback on hold
• Bengals acquire QB Fitzpatrick from Rams
• Seahawks lose DT Tubbs for season
• DT Simon agrees to deal with Titans
• Pats' Samuel signs one-year franchise tender
• Giants, Strahan have constructive talks
• Ogden passes physical, returns to Ravens roster
• Browns place center Bentley on PUP list
• Roundup: Two-time Olympic skier Bloom cut by Eagles
• Roundup: Steelers' Ward has nose surgery