Bentley placed on PUP list as comeback delayed, for now
Two-time Pro Bowl offensive lineman LeCharles Bentley, who hasn't participated in a full-scale practice for the Cleveland Browns since tearing the patella tendon of his left knee in the first training camp practice of 2006, will have his potential return to the field delayed until at least October.
In a move that was hardly unanticipated, the Browns on Tuesday placed Bentley on the NFL's inactive physically unable to perform (PUP) list.
"He's disappointed, but because ...
Read full story
NFL TRAINING CAMPS
The countdown is on toward the start of the 2007 season; rosters were trimmed to 75 by Tuesday and reached 53 by Saturday. The regular season starts Sept. 6 when the Saints visit Indianapolis to face the Super Bowl champion Colts. Camp index
Analysis• Clayton: Waiver claims interesting
• Clayton: Big cutdown day on Saturday
• Redskins re-sign Cooley
• Priest Holmes comeback on hold
• Bengals acquire QB Fitzpatrick from Rams
• Seahawks lose DT Tubbs for season
• DT Simon agrees to deal with Titans
• Pats' Samuel signs one-year franchise tender
• Giants, Strahan have constructive talks
• Ogden passes physical, returns to Ravens roster
• Browns place center Bentley on PUP list
• Roundup: Two-time Olympic skier Bloom cut by Eagles
• Roundup: Steelers' Ward has nose surgery