Strength, resilience of Va. Tech family impresses Yanks
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The New York Yankees will play an exhibition game at Virginia Tech on March 18.
"Since the tragedy of last April 16, the Virginia Tech family has shown great strength and resilience and have committed themselves to the healing process while looking ahead to their future," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Monday. "We bring the New York Yankees to Blacksburg this spring to celebrate the start of a new year for the Virginia Tech family and ours."
MASSACRE AT VIRGINIA TECH
• Yanks to play exhibition at Va. Tech
• Schlabach: Hokies hopeful about future
• Ex-Hokie Vick donates $10,000 for victims families
• Schlabach: Coaches scramble to reach players
• Schlabach: Blacksburg stands strong
• Smith: Proud Hendrick Hokies saddened by tragedy
• NASCAR to pay tribute to victims
• Remainder of spring football canceled
• Miami baseball adds security for Va. Tech trip
• Nationals pay tribute