This time around outdoors, there's more at risk for NHL
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- As reporters got their first glimpse Sunday of the newly planted ice rink inside Ralph Wilson Stadium, they asked NHL ice guru Dan Craig and Don Renzulli, the NHL's senior vice president of events and entertainment, if there was a chance to relax a bit now that everything seemed on target for Tuesday.
"You want me to answer that?" Craig said. "There's no relaxing for the next 48 hours. None. Zero."
The same might be said for the entire league as it waits to see ...
Read full story
THE WINTER CLASSIC
The NHL hosted the first regular-season outdoor game in the United States on Jan. 1, 2008 as the Penguins and Sabres squared off at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo, N.Y.
GAME DAY• Recap: Crosby's SO winner caps magic day
• Burnside: This should not be regular NHL event
• Burnside: Grading the Winter Classic
• ZOOM: Photos from Ralph Wilson Stadium
• In-game blog
• Outdoor game brings out tailgaters
• Winter Classic highlights
NEWS• Winter Classic draws big TV numbers
• Slight rule changes for outdoor game
ANALYSIS• Burnside: Players embrace outdoors atmosphere
• Faceoff: Gimmick or celebration of heritage?
• Burnside: The man behind the outdoor magic
• Burnside: This time, more at risk for NHL
WATCH• Hradek: A preview of The Winter Classic
• Melrose: Why Winter Classic is a good thing