Winged Foot members reject consideration for 2015 U.S. Open
Members at Winged Foot Golf Club decided overwhelmingly in a vote before Christmas that the U.S. Open won't be returning to their New York club anytime soon. Winged Foot had been considered among the favorites to host the 2015 Open.
The rejection was a setback for the club's board and its president, Len Horan, as well as for the USGA. "Obviously, this is disappointing," said Pete Bevacqua, the USGA's chief business officer. "I think anyone would agree the 2006 U.S. Open was a tremendous ...
Read full story
2008 SEASON PREVIEW
• Building the Perfect Golfer
• Harig: Decisions becoming tougher than ever
• Fact or Fiction: Who will thrive in 2008?
• Experts' predictions for 2008 season
• Rosaforte: Opener marred by absences
• Sobel: True predictions for '08
• Smiley: (Sort of) true predictions for '08
• Harig: Age just a number for Singh
• Weekly 18: Who will make "The Leap"?
• Alternate Shot: Year of the Tiger again? Fantasy:
• Sign up for Best Ball Challenge
• Join ESPN.com's group
• Blog: Sobel on 2008 fantasy selections
• Sobel: Fearsome Foursome
• Peters: Fantasy Fore Podcast:
• Sobel/Anderson: On The Tee SportsNation:
• Poll: Next young players to win a major?
• Chat wrap: Sobel