Season opener marred by player absences
KAPALUA, Hawaii -- With respect to defending champion Vijay Singh and No. 3 in the world Jim Furyk, the 2008 PGA Tour season begins Thursday without several of the game's biggest stars. Notably absent yet again from the Mercedes-Benz Championship are Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson, and this year they're joined by No. 7 Adam Scott and British Open champion Padraig Harrington.Four of the biggest names in the game are taking a hall pass when the rooms are free, the gas tanks full and the ...
Read full story
2008 SEASON PREVIEW
• Building the Perfect Golfer
• Harig: Decisions becoming tougher than ever
• Fact or Fiction: Who will thrive in 2008?
• Experts' predictions for 2008 season
• Rosaforte: Opener marred by absences
• Sobel: True predictions for '08
• Smiley: (Sort of) true predictions for '08
• Harig: Age just a number for Singh
• Weekly 18: Who will make "The Leap"?
• Alternate Shot: Year of the Tiger again? Fantasy:
• Sign up for Best Ball Challenge
• Join ESPN.com's group
• Blog: Sobel on 2008 fantasy selections
• Sobel: Fearsome Foursome
• Peters: Fantasy Fore Podcast:
• Sobel/Anderson: On The Tee SportsNation:
• Poll: Next young players to win a major?
• Chat wrap: Sobel