Weir maintains lead over tight Mercedez-Benz field with birdie putt on 18
KAPALUA, Hawaii -- Three days into a new season was enough to get the attention of a dozen players at the Mercedes-Benz Championship, starting with Mike Weir and his tenuous one-shot lead at Kapalua.
Weir kept firing at flags Saturday and making his share of
birdies, only to see a leaderboard and realize just about everyone
else was doing the same thing. Only after a delicate chip that he
played to near perfection on the 18th hole did he get one last
birdie for a 5-under ...
Read full story
2008 SEASON PREVIEW
• Building the Perfect Golfer
• Harig: Decisions becoming tougher than ever
• Fact or Fiction: Who will thrive in 2008?
• Experts' predictions for 2008 season
• Rosaforte: Opener marred by absences
• Sobel: True predictions for '08
• Smiley: (Sort of) true predictions for '08
• Harig: Age just a number for Singh
• Weekly 18: Who will make "The Leap"?
• Alternate Shot: Year of the Tiger again? Fantasy:
• Sign up for Best Ball Challenge
• Join ESPN.com's group
• Blog: Sobel on 2008 fantasy selections
• Sobel: Fearsome Foursome
• Peters: Fantasy Fore Podcast:
• Sobel/Anderson: On The Tee SportsNation:
• Poll: Next young players to win a major?
• Chat wrap: Sobel