Capps hopes to make noise after quiet offseason
Ron Capps has a new sponsor and a new outlook as he braces for the season-opening Funny Car shootout at Pomona, he writes.
Updated: February 6, 2008, 3:22 PM ETBy Ron Capps | Special to ESPN.com
We're back for another season in the NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series, beginning this weekend in Pomona, Calif. And I am happy to be back here on ESPN.com writing this diary. I am hoping whoever reads this gets a better idea of what goes on inside the head of a driver whose job is to tear down the quarter-mile at more than 330 mph in less than five seconds in a vehicle that produces nearly 8,000 horsepower. It's not for the faint of heart, but I love it.We ...
Read full story
2008 NHRA PREVIEW
Mark J. Rebilas/US Presswire
More Coverage• Schumacher wins Top Fuel again | Results
• Stephens: Tony Pedregon's year off to fiery start
• Stephens: Things looking up for Warren Johnson
• Stephens: Brown off to hot start in Top Fuel
• Stephens: Herbert starts "For My Boys Tour"
• Stephens: It starts at Pomona
• Stephens: Top Fuel preview
• Stephens: Funny Car preview
• Stephens: Pro Stock preview
• Stephens: Pro Stock Motorcycle preview
• Complete NHRA on ESPN2 schedule
Driver Diaries• Tony Schumacher: Back to square one
• Ron Capps: Brand new day