Now favorites, Red Sox radically shift baseball's culture
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Unless you're older than Eddie Joost, older than Dom DiMaggio, older than Zsa Zsa Gabor, you've never lived in a world like this.You've never lived in a world where a baseball season was about to begin and the Boston Red Sox could be described with a word millions of New Englanders were once completely unfamiliar with: Favorites.
They're not your grandfather's Red Sox anymore. They're not your great-grandfather's ...
Read full story
'08 PREVIEW: STATE OF THE UNION
In this presidential election year, ESPN.com begins its preview of "Campaign 2008" with a look at baseball's incumbents, the Boston Red Sox.
• Jayson Stark: It's clearly Red Sox Nation
• Jerry Crasnick: Team campaign slogans
• Tim Kurkjian: Key dates on the campaign trail
• SportsNation: Top storylines of '08
• 2008 MLB season preview coverage