Upon introduction, Walsh doesn't come out firing
NEW YORK -- Donnie Walsh could have chosen the obvious route and made his opening act the firing of Isiah Thomas, which would have been quite the out-of-character sledgehammer act for a guy trying to convince everyone on his first day as president of the battered and beleaguered New York Knicks that he'll be the even-tempered voice of long-term reason.
Logic dictates that firing Isiah should be the first order of business toward securing the long-term rehabilitation of the ...
Read full story
WALSH TAKES KNICK REINS
The Knicks' new era is officially underway. Donnie Walsh was introduced at Madison Square Garden as new team president on April 3 and today, after a woeful 23-59 season, he ousted embattled Isiah Thomas as the Knicks' coach. Story
Analysis• Sheridan: Contemplating the next Knicks coach
• Sheridan: Walsh rightfully postpones inevitable
• Adande: Pressure on Walsh?
• TrueHoop: Walsh gives Knicks hope
• Broussard: Next Knicks GM and coach?
• Ford: Fixing the Knicks Part 1
• Ford: Fixing the Knicks Part 2
Video• Walsh on why Isiah was ousted as Knicks' coach
• Isiah: Looking forward to talking with Walsh
• Sheridan talks about Isiah's future
• Donnie Walsh answers the Isiah question
• Stephen A. Smith on Knicks situation
Podcast• Donnie Walsh with Stephen A. Smith
SportsNation• Vote: What comes next for the Knicks?
• Vote: Will Donnie Walsh turn the Knicks around?