BCS more mature at 10, but reputation still suffers
In 2004, the year after USC finished No. 1 in the final regular-season polls yet was excluded from playing in the championship game by the BCS formula, Trojan quarterback Matt Leinart wore a T-shirt on a national television interview that said, "F--- the BCS." Immature, yes, and given Leinart's appearances to this day on celebrity gossip Web sites, not out of character.
But the response to the T-shirt is the point. Half the responses that USC received wanted Leinart's head on a platter.
Read full story
The BCS at 10
• Maisel: Paradox found
• Low: Best BCS bowl games
• Miller: Best BCS bowl performances SportsNation
• Rank 'em: Best BCS bowl games
• Rank 'em: Best BCS bowl performances
• Chat wrap: Chris Low
• Chat wrap Ted Miller
• Maisel: Say yes to the BCS
• Forde: Say no to the BCS
• Miller: Biggest BCS bowl slights
Dinich: ACC has been a dud in BCS era
Griffin: Big 12 becomes superpower in BCS era
Schlabach: Big East thriving in BCS
Rittenberg: BCS system has been good to Big Ten
Miller: USC dominates Pac-10 in BCS era
Low: SEC successfully navigates BCS system
Rittenberg: No complaints from South Bend
• Chat wrap: Tim Griffin
• Rank 'em: Defining players of the BCS era?
• Rank 'em: Memorable BCS bowl moment?
• Chat: Heather Dinich, 2 ET