Malone just like Pittsburgh -- blue-collar tough, hometown proud
PITTSBURGH -- When Ryan Malone looks up at the worn, empty seats at Mellon Arena, he doesn't see an aging hockey mausoleum, but rather something more comforting, something more closely akin to home.
Up there, near the private boxes, is where Malone and his younger brother Mark played hide-and-seek. Beyond the boxes was where they rollerbladed while their father, Greg, worked in the offices beneath the stands as the director of amateur scouting.
Out of sight, in the Penguins ...
Read full story
STANLEY CUP FINALS
READ• Faceoff at the Cup finals: Our resident hockey gurus are back and there's only one topic on their minds -- the finals. And they are on opposite sides of the fence as to who will win it all. Story
• 10 Burning Questions: With the Cup finals set to get under way on Saturday, our experts took some time to ponder what lies ahead. Story
• Burnside's Cup finals primer: There has been plenty of talk heading into Saturday's Wings-Penguins opener. Here's all the news you need heading into Game 1. Story
• NHL's Dynamic Duos: Butch and Sundance. Penn and Teller. Just a few famous duos. And the finals are giving us a few more. We look at 10 great 1-2 punches, past and present. Frei
• Malone mirrors native Pittsburgh: After spending years trying to prove he belonged in the NHL, Ryan Malone's validation comes in a trip to the finals. Burnside
WATCH• Melrose and Levy preview Game 1
• PTI: Five Good Minutes with Barry Melrose
• Hradek: My three keys to the Cup finals
• Hradek: Marc-Andre Fleury vs. Chris Osgood
LISTEN• No experience? Crosby says he's ready
• Messier's take on Sid and the Cup
• Tune in: ESPN 1250 in Pittsburgh