Tiger's Open win 'will be talked about for 100 years'
Watching Tiger this past week and having gone through some knee trouble myself, I suspected something was going wrong. Usually that long after the scope he had, he should have been better. The fact that he was still really struggling, I suspected that something was going on. Which is really too bad. Because it's been an unbelievable stretch he's been on. The fact that he could win the hardest tournament in the world on one leg is truly amazing. I mean this is stuff that will be talked about for ...
Read full story
TIGER WOODS OUT FOR 2008
Tiger Woods, just two days after winning the U.S. Open in a playoff, announced that he'll miss the 2008 season due to surgery on his left knee. Story
Analysis/Commentary• Buick Open gives glimpse into Tiger-less future
• Sobel: Tiger will still make headlines in '08
• Forde: Woods' guts as good as his game
• Harig: Haney details Tiger's timeline
• Sobel: Golf will survive without Woods
• North: They talk of Tiger's Open for '100 years'
• Chat wrap: ESPN.com golf writer Jason Sobel
• Page 2: Playing with pain | Rank 'em
• New resonance to ad touting Tiger's toughness
• Doctor weighs in on possible long-term issues
• Gallo: Life with Tiger as your caddie
More News• Woods undergoes reconstructive knee surgery
• Nicklaus impressed by injured Tiger's Open win
• Caddie Williams: No quit in Tiger
Video• Reilly: What injury does to game of golf
• Bell: Evaluating Woods' rehab
• Sobel: Injury only magnifies U.S. Open win
• Harig: Golf world will miss Woods
• First Take: Impressions as news breaks
Audio• Finchem discusses Tiger injury effect on golf
• Haney: Woods will be back strong
• Bell: Woods' recovery timeline
From GolfDigest.com• Tiger's absence good for golf?
• Woods injury 'not career threatening'
• Dan Jenkins: The Greatest by the Greatest
Look back at the U.S. Open• Woods beats Mediate in sudden death
• Forde: Greatest Open ever
• Harig: Haney puts it No. 1 on Tiger's list