What happened to the New York City point guard?
From Cousy to Marbury, the New York City point guard once ruled the hardwood. What happened? Story
The boast of heraldry, the pomp of power, And all that beauty, all that wealth e're gave, Awaits alike th' inevitable hour. The paths of glory lead but to the grave. --Thomas Gray, "Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard"
It seemed as if they came at will. Children of the concrete, not of the corn. By some strange force of nature that continued to birth point guards by the decade. From every borough they sprung. From the womb straight to West Fourth or Dykman or 155th.
Or at ...
Read full story
Features• Murphy/Lawlor: City High interactive map
• Scoop Jackson: New York's missing the point
• Miller: Seattle's staying super
• Lawlor: Houston a launching pad for hoops talent
• Zoom Gallery: City High flashes forward
SportsNation• City High Tournament
• Who are the biggest stars of City High?
• Rank the New York point guards
• Join the conversation