How did the NBA's international players fare during Olympics?
The USA finally got it right in an international tournament and is wearing the gold medal, but the folks at the NBA offices are probably just as happy. This was their dream Olympics, with fans in the league's most important overseas market fawning over their players and the Americans re-establishing their dominance over world hoops; that the silver and bronze medalists had large NBA contingents on their rosters is also worth noting (and the league's PR people undoubtedly will).
Come to ...
Read full story
Team USA: Redemption In Beijing
Team USA won the Olympic gold medal in men's basketball after years of frustration.
Roster | Schedule | TV | Scores | Standings
The Redeem TeamSheridan: 1992 vs. 2008
They redeemed U.S. hoops and reclaimed Olympic gold. So, how does the '08 team stack up to the Dream Team? Chris Sheridan
• Sheridan: Dream scene
TrueHoop: What next?
Team USA was great in '08. But how will it remain on top of the world? We've got the plan (with a few new faces) moving forward. TrueHoop
• TrueHoop: Day of redemption
Jackson: Truly redeemed?
Yes, the U.S. men's basketball team recaptured the Olympic gold in Beijing. But did they really accomplish their mission? Depends how you look at it. Scoop Jackson
Hollinger: International flair
Team USA got the gold, but the game of basketball was also a big winner. Here's a look at how the NBA's international stars fared in the Beijing Olympics. John Hollinger
Medal Round• Sheridan: United statement
• Forde: Coach K deserves praise
• Hill: Rooting for redemption
• Sheridan: USA gets revenge vs. Argentina
• Sheridan: US-Argentina rivalry renewed
• Sheridan: Dispelling two Team USA myths
• Sheridan: One down, two to go
• Sheridan: Quarterfinals roundup
• Sheridan: A whole new ballgame
• Sheridan: Previewing the quarterfinals
• Sheridan: Australia won't be scared
Preliminary Round• Day 5: Greece earns date with Argentina
• Sheridan: Kaman suits up for Germany
• Sheridan: Unchallenged by Spain in 37-point win
• Bucher: Unselfishness sets Team USA apart
• Day 4: Aussies, China clinch medal-round berths
• Watch: Coach K and the challenge of Team USA
• Sheridan: Spain's strengths pose challenge
• Mag: Rubio is Spain's teen phenom
• Sheridan: Winning Grecian formula for Team USA
• Broussard: Wade back in elite conversation
• Day 3: Lithuania, Spain remain undefeated
• Sheridan: Team USA's Greek strategy
• Sheridan: Angola was easy, Greece won't be
• Day 2: China almost upsets Spain; Croatia rolls
• Forde: U.S.-China game had historic feel
• Sheridan: Yi struggles against Team USA
• Day 1 roundup: Argentina upset
• Israeli, Iranian share embrace
TrueHoop• Chris Bosh on Olympic intensity
• The Next Team USA
• Suddenly, Team USA looks enormous
• Spain's joke not funny
• The other Redeem Team: Spain
• Dream Team not the model
• Yao Ming is no Kobe Bryant
• Team USA's Chinese fans
• Is Team USA muzzled or not?
Olympic Preview• Sheridan: 10 questions for opening round
• Sheridan: Who will grab gold?
• Sheridan: Argentina, Russia headline Group A
• Sheridan: USA, Spain tops in Group B
• Jackson: Something's missing on USA's roster
• Kobe & Co. arrive to heroes' welcome in Beijing
• Ford: Top int'l draft prospects at Olympics
• Watch: Best internationals in action