Cotchery follows a path defined by faith
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- From birth, New York Jets wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery always had a purpose. He was born with a sixth finger on his left hand, what his mother calls a gift from God that she believes showed a plan for his life.
"God's purpose for Jerricho was to play football," Katie Cotchery said. "I can think back when he was a little baby, and we were always wondering why he would always look at his hands. He would always do his hands like that and look at them."
Read full story
• Olney: Meyer's next best inspirational action
• Cotchery follows path defined by faith
• Cindy McCain takes wheel in her own race
• Ex-Duke athlete now in Obama camp
• Farrey: Uncovering the pursuit of a champion
• Stockwell's story: Big heart and positive thinking