Twelve wins away: Don Meyer's hard road back from the brink
ABERDEEN, S.D. -- The Toyota Prius slowly drifted across the lane and directly into the path of the oncoming semitrailer truck hauling 90,000 pounds of grain, and Matt Hammer, five cars back, kept waiting for it to jerk back to the right side of the road. Brett Newton, in a car directly behind the veering vehicle, shouted aloud to the driver who could not hear him: "Coach! Coach!"
An explosion, a cloud of metal, and the two driver's-side doors rocketed skyward. The collision of two ...
Read full story
• Olney: Meyer's next best inspirational action
• Cotchery follows path defined by faith
• Cindy McCain takes wheel in her own race
• Ex-Duke athlete now in Obama camp
• Farrey: Uncovering the pursuit of a champion
• Stockwell's story: Big heart and positive thinking