Nittany Lions seniors were a breath of fresh air
LOS ANGELES -- A coach's greatest fear about losing is the way it lingers, like cigarette smoke. When the coach walks into a recruit's living room, the smell of losing comes in the door with him.
When this year's seniors signed in February 2005, Penn State had finished with losing records in four of the previous five seasons. The cumulative record over those five years: 26-33. Joe Paterno had just turned 78 years old. Brian Cushing, a prep All-American linebacker from New Jersey, ...
Read full story
From the announcement to breakdowns to the final gun, we have the Jan. 1 Rose Bowl Game Presented by Citi between Penn State and USC covered.
• Maisel: USC finishes the job early
• Maisel: Carroll, Paterno operate finishing schools
• Maisel: Senior class changes Lions' fortunes
• Maisel: Is USC's defense the best ever?
• Maisel: Penn State carries Big Ten burden
• Miller: Rose QBs same, but different
• Miller: Welcome to the circus
• Rittenberg: Maybin seizes opportunity with Lions
• Rittenberg: Bowman grows up fast at LB U
• Rittenberg: Paterno demotes several starters
• Miller: USC trio has big bang plan for Rose Bowl
• Rittenberg: Lions in league of their own
• Conversation: Penn State coach Joe Paterno
• Rose Bowl preview
• McShay's breakdown
• Maisel, Schlabach break it down Podcast
• Podcast: Ivan, Beano on JoePa and Rose Bowl