Brush's story of recovery inspires
"You must do the thing you think you cannot do." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
Kelly Brush is defying the rules, challenging the status quo and making the seemingly impossible possible.
"I was a born athlete from the start," said Brush, a 22-year Middlebury College graduate who recently accepted the prestigious NCAA Inspiration Award for her courage in overcoming adversity. "Both of my parents were big athletes. My mom was an Olympic skier and my dad coached skiing."
Read full story
WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH 2009
ESPN celebrates Women's History Month by sharing empowering and inspirational stories of young female athletes.
- Huckshorn: The next generation
- Nelson: Meet Bilqis Abdul-Qaadri
- Drucker: Casals more than sidekick
- Adelson: Wie finding groove
- Adelson: Q&A with Wie
- Purdy: Q&A with WPS commish
- Bembry: The Courtney Paris story
- Rosewater: Meet Lia Neal
- Quinn: Utah skier inspired
- The selling of Candace Parker
- Best WNBA players ever?
- Parker in high school
- RISE: Belton soccer stars
- Vonn wins super G
- Ford: Zvonareva learns to relax
- Lapchick: DeFrantz's activism and example
- Cross: Brush's story inspires
- Drehs: Hoelzer a new child advocate
- Blount: Why is racing slow?
- Blount: Muldowney blasts NHRA
- Merrill: Hispanic girls and sports
- Quinn: Kupets still learning to relax
- ESPN Deportes: Marta talks soccer
- RISE: Amy Rodriguez
- ESPNEWS: Debbie Yow
- ESPNEWS: Ann Meyers Drysdale
- ESPNEWS: Julie Foudy
- ESPNEWS: Janet Guthrie
- RISE: High school hoops history
- RISE: Kolber, Naqi, Storm talk sports
- Kelly Rush helps others
- Hispanic girls and sports