NASCAR has a point to prove
Had a helluva interview for this week's D2D piece. Left my tape recorder in Charlotte.
Last year's Brickyard 400 [made me mad]. It really [turned] me off as a fan. How could NASCAR let that happen? You seem like a fan, as well as a reporter. Convince me why I take the time to watch this year's race when that crap happened last time?
-- John Thompson, Muncie, Ind.
Because NASCAR has a point to prove this year, John. Because ...
Read full story
ALLSTATE 400 AT THE BRICKYARD
Sunday marks the 16th running of the Allstate 400 at The Brickyard. It's the first stock car race of Indianapolis Motor Speedway's Centennial Era Celebration as the first races were run at the venerable track in 1909.
Coverage• Hinton: Others had a chance, JJ has the trophy
• Blount: Montoya's monstrous mistake
• Newton: Kyle Busch in Chase jeopardy
• Recap: Jimmie Johnson wins third Brickyard
• Mark Martin takes pole | Starting grid
• Hinton: Stewart at home as Brickyard favorite
• Newton: Brickyard belongs on schedule
• Blount: Double-file restarts to the rescue
• Willis: The Eliminator says Smoke rises
• Blount: What are the odds? Handicapping Indy
• Hinton: Hey! Stock cars were here first
• Door-To-Door: Here's why you should watch
• Blount: Gordon changed the face of NASCAR
• Newton: Newman flying under the radar
• Newton: Five things needed to win
• Newton: NASCAR at a crossroads
• Blount: The Unlucky Eight
• Hinton: Uneasy lie the crowns
• Surround: Allstate 400 at The Brickyard
SportsNation• RaceCast with Ryan McGee chat
• Fantasy with Mark Garrow chat wrap
• Ask in-race reporter Tony Stewart!
• Ask the ESPN race analyst
Brickyard Video• SportsCenter highlight of the night
• NASCAR Now recaps The Brickyard
• Jimmie Johnson wins third Brickyard
• NASCAR Now's Sunday morning notebook
• How the Brickyard was saved
• Indy has become one of NASCAR's jewels
Blogs• Sunday live blog from Indy
• Saturday live blog from Indy
• Friday live blog from Indy
• Newton: The side of Kyle you don't see
• Willis: Crunching numbers for Indy
Jayski podcasts• Goodyear, Junior and Jeff Gordon
• Is Junior the problem? Is Harvick ready?
• Biffle on Mayfield; Goodyear's prep
• Stewart praises all the tire work done