Should you spring for Sproles?
Is Darren Sproles more than a handcuff?
In fantasy football, occasionally, there can be a hazy line between "handcuff" and "flex play." Make no mistake, there's a distinct difference between the two.
A "handcuff" is a player who serves as the immediate backup to a useful starter, and is unquestionably the one who would step into that role should the man ahead of him on the depth chart get hurt. You would "handcuff" the backup to the starter to protect yourself against an untimely ...
Read full story
2009 Football Draft Kit
ESPN.com's fantasy experts offer all the information you'll need to succeed in your draft this year.
Draft Kit Home
• Top 200 | Cheat Sheet (PDF)
• Quarterback: Rankings | Preview
• Running back: Rankings | Preview
• Wide receiver: Rankings | Preview
• Tight end: Rankings | Preview
• Team defense: Rankings | Preview
• Kicker: Rankings | Preview
• IDP: Rankings | Primer
• Other formats: PPR | 2-QB | TD-Only
Talented Mr. Roto
• 2009 sleepers and busts
• 2009 sleepers and busts, Version 2
• Late risers and fallers in drafts
• 10 (deep sleeper) names to know
• IDP (individual defensive players) sleepers
• Michael Turner and the "Curse of 370"
• What's the ideal draft slot?
• Can we predict kicker performance?
• Impact fantasy players on new teams