Identifying positional scarcity
Centers, shooting guards thin out quickly
If I told you Al Jefferson was worth the same amount in fantasy this season as LeBron James, would you offer to find me some professional help?
The reason Jefferson warrants just as high a pick as LeBron is due to an oft-overlooked facet of fantasy valuation: positional scarcity.
That means identifying which positions have the most and least amount of cumulative value, and just how that value is distributed from top to bottom. (In fantasy football, think of the dearth of elite ...
Read full story
2009-10 Basketball Draft Kit
ESPN.com's fantasy experts offer all the information you'll need to succeed in your draft this year.
Draft Kit Home
Get in the Game
2009-10 Projections and Profiles
Strategy and AnalysisLove/Hate for 2009-10
• McKitish's Draft-Day Manifesto
• Mock drafts: Sept. 29 | Oct. 15
• ADP trends: Oct. 9 | Oct. 16
• Offseason movement analysis
• In-depth look at positional scarcity
• Rookies to watch in 2009-10
• One-category wonders, blunders
• Sleepers and busts for deeper leagues
• Turnover leagues: Top 100 rankings
• Draft strategy: Tips for building a winner
• How to win with Dwight Howard
• Auction draft strategy
• Head-to-head versus roto strategy
• Art of drafting value
• Impact of coaching changes
• Eight keys to winning your league
• Intro to fantasy basketball