Duke emerging as ACC favorite
The fact that North Carolina post player Jessica Breland had to sit out this season after battling cancer changed the dynamic of the league for 2010. The Tar Heels with Breland would have had the edge to win the ACC title. With her out, Duke looks to be the favorite.
The Blue Devils lost nonconference matchups with Texas A&M and Stanford and still have a meeting with top-ranked UConn, which is in Durham, N.C., on Jan. 18. Duke relies on point guard Jasmine Thomas to set the tone ...
Read full story
Graham Hays and Mechelle break down the 2009-10 conference races.
Graham Hays• Big East is UConn's to win or lose
• Rest of Pac-10 chasing Stanford
• Lots of competition in A-10, Mountain West
• More mid-major previews
Mechelle Voepel• Duke emerging as ACC favorite
• Big 12 might be most interesting race
• Can Spartans test OSU in Big Ten?
• Lady Vols, Lady Dogs on top in SEC