Musketeers, Horned Frogs lead way
Championship race: Xavier was a nearly unanimous pick to win the league in the preseason, and the Musketeers did little to alter that perception in the early going. They're the worst of both worlds for opponents -- a stifling defensive team with an ability to put up points, especially with Katie Rutan, Tyesha Moss and Special Jennings proving they can provide consistent outside cover for all the talent inside. It doesn't hurt that Xavier also faces Temple, Richmond ...
Read full story
Graham Hays and Mechelle break down the 2009-10 conference races.
Graham Hays• Big East is UConn's to win or lose
• Rest of Pac-10 chasing Stanford
• Lots of competition in A-10, Mountain West
• More mid-major previews
Mechelle Voepel• Duke emerging as ACC favorite
• Big 12 might be most interesting race
• Can Spartans test OSU in Big Ten?
• Lady Vols, Lady Dogs on top in SEC