Memorable wins on the record run to 90
The streak might be over, but it won't be forgotten.
Eighth-ranked Stanford snapped No. 1 UConn's 90-game winning streak Thursday with a 71-59 victory at Maples Pavilion. The Cardinal were the last team to beat UConn; 998 days had passed since that April 6, 2008, loss.
UConn set the NCAA Division I basketball record with a victory over Florida State on Dec. 21, winning its 89th consecutive game to top the previous best of 88 wins in a row by late legendary coach ...
Read full story
Stanford Stops UConn Streak
Stanford was the last team to beat UConn. It's now the latest, as the No. 8 Cardinal snapped the top-ranked Huskies' 90-game streak with Thursday's 71-59 victory at Maples Pavilion.
Stories• Voepel: Stanford outplays UConn in 71-59 win
• Stanford ends historic 90-game streak
• espnW: Mixed emotions as UConn streak ends
• UConn's streak by the numbers
• Memorable UConn wins along the way to 90
Video• SportsCenter Highlight of the Night
• Tara VanDerveer: Pohlen is 'glue to team'
• Geno Auriemma: 'Give credit to Stanford'
• Rebecca Lobo: UConn will learn from loss
• Defensive focus was the key for Stanford