Newcomers look to spoil Crown bid
BALTIMORE -- Pleasant Prince did not succeed in the Florida Derby, so he has tried, and tried, and now will try again.
A nose loss in the Florida Derby completely changed the campaign of Pleasant Prince. Had he not lost a narrow decision to Ice Box, Pleasant Prince would have gone straight to the Kentucky Derby six weeks later. But the Florida Derby loss left him with insufficient funds in his graded-stakes earnings account. So, in a bid by owner Ken Ramsey to make the Derby, Pleasant ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch