Fix for the Crown: Get rid of drugs
The Derby and Preakness winners are skipping the final leg of the Triple Crown and the Belmont is, to be kind, a bit of a dud. So, here we go again -- the hand-wringers say we need to fix the Triple Crown. Sorry, but it's not the Triple Crown that needs fixing, but the horses that run in the Triple Crown.
The existing structure of the Triple Crown, three races in five weeks at the distances of 10, 9 ½ and 12 furlongs, must not be changed. To do so would forever weaken the enormity of the ...
Read full story
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch