MLB Confidential: Replay on fair/foul calls?
Question: Should there be replay on fair/foul calls?
Replay on fair/foul calls
Overall: Yes: 36% No: 62% Not sure: 2%
AL players: Yes: 30% No: 68% Not sure: 2%
NL players: Yes: 42% No: 56% Not sure: 2%
Our survey-takers liked this replay idea better than reviews of base calls -- but not by much. "It's going to eventually happen," said an AL player in the minority. "People may say it's been this way forever, too much will now be under ...
Read full story
After Jim Joyce's blown call at first base cost Detroit Tigers pitcher Armando Galarraga a perfect game, MLB umpires came under harsh scrutiny. To test the current climate of player-umpire relations, ESPN The Magazine grilled 100 MLBers about the boys in blue. Here's what we found:
1. Who are the three best umpires in baseball?
2. Who are the three worst umpires in baseball?
3. Which umpire has the quickest hook?
4. Grade the overall performance of umpires, "A" through "F."
5. Should there be replay on base calls?
6. Should there be replay on fair/foul calls?
7. Should Bud Selig have overturned the result of the Galarraga near-perfect game?