Defense was focus for Stanford
STANFORD, Calif. -- In what has become perhaps the biggest rivalry in women's college basketball, No. 8 Stanford upended top-ranked UConn 71-59 on Thursday to snap the Huskies' 90-game winning streak. ESPN.com's Mechelle Voepel interviewed two of Stanford's stars after the game.
Stanford's Jeanette Pohlen
The senior -- who had a career-high 31 points as well as nine rebounds and six assists -- said being aggressive from the get-go and being ready defensively helped the Cardinal, ...
Read full story
Stanford Stops UConn Streak
Stanford was the last team to beat UConn. It's now the latest, as the No. 8 Cardinal snapped the top-ranked Huskies' 90-game streak with Thursday's 71-59 victory at Maples Pavilion.
Stories• Voepel: Stanford outplays UConn in 71-59 win
• Stanford ends historic 90-game streak
• espnW: Mixed emotions as UConn streak ends
• UConn's streak by the numbers
• Memorable UConn wins along the way to 90
Video• SportsCenter Highlight of the Night
• Tara VanDerveer: Pohlen is 'glue to team'
• Geno Auriemma: 'Give credit to Stanford'
• Rebecca Lobo: UConn will learn from loss
• Defensive focus was the key for Stanford