Barry Bonds trial reveals ease of PEDs
Superstars and journeyman didn't need to look too far or too hard to get an edge
So let's get this straight. The only thing we've learned about Barry Bonds is that he was evasive?
The government could have assembled a panel of distinguished baseball writers to convict him on that charge like 15 years ago.
So THAT'S what The Trial of the Home Run King has taught us? I've never felt prouder of the fine work my tax dollars have been doing all this time.
Just try to digest what went down here. This extravaganza started eight years ago, with Jeff Novitzky combing ...
Read full story
BARRY BONDS TRIAL
Barry Bonds is on trial for perjury and obstruction of justice, charged with lying when he told a federal grand jury that he did not knowingly use performance-enhancing drugs.
News• Feds deciding whether to try Bonds again
• Barry Bonds found guilty of obstruction
• Bonds jury enters fourth day
• Jury deliberates for third day
• What the jury wasn't told
• Prosecutors, defense offer closing arguments
• Charge dropped; Bonds' defense rests
• Judge rules jury can't hear audio tape
• Ex-aide says she saw trainer inject Bonds
• MLB keeps its distance from trial
• Velarde says he got HGH from Bonds' trainer
• Conte: Bonds saw team trainers as 'spies'
• Bonds' ex-mistress takes the stand
• Bonds' estranged friend testifies
• Witness: Trainer seen with syringe
• Defense: Bonds unaware he used steroids
• At long last, the Bonds trial is set to start
• Bonds' trainer a key, but quiet, figure
• Five factors that could determine the outcome
• Barry Bonds perjury trial cast of characters
• Troy Ellerman discusses BALCO leaks
• Judge bars Bonds voicemails from evidence
• Judge grants access to juror info in case
• Bonds pleads not guilty again to charges
• Judge unseals Bonds testimony | Read it (pdf)
Analysis• The game is shamed by the Bonds verdict
• Barry Bonds trial reveals ease of PEDs
• In the end, Barry Bonds hurt himself
• Courtroom bubble shields Bonds jury
• Saving best for last in Barry Bonds trial
• Last, best hope in convicting Bonds
• Two surprises that could affect trial
• Defense putting them through the motions
• Prosecution swings and misses on Day 6
• Former mistress Kimberly Bell holds up
• Second week may be brutal for Bonds
• Handicapping the Bonds witnesses
• Munson: Questions to jurors hint at strategies
• Bonds' personality will save him in trial
ESPN Video• Roger Cossack on Bonds verdict
• Bonds attorney speaks about verdict
• Why is Anderson protecting Bonds?
• How the opening statements went
• Barry Bonds perjury trial begins
• Barry Bonds pleads not guilty
• OTL: Attorney breaks silence
• 2003 Greg Anderson recording
• Judge allows audio tape