Clemens' attorney one of the best
Rusty Hardin finds comfort in courtroom, connects with jurors and usually wins
In a jury trial that may be Roger Clemens' last chance to recapture a lost legacy, the disgraced pitcher will be relying on one of America's greatest trial lawyers, Rusty Hardin, a courtroom charmer who has demonstrated his prowess with triumphs in numerous high-profile cases.
As the trial begins Wednesday in Washington, D.C., the 68-year-old Hardin will bring a rare combination of meticulous pretrial investigation, an uncanny ability to connect with jurors and a mastery of ...
Read full story
ROGER CLEMENS TRIAL
The judge declared a mistrial July 14 in Roger Clemens' perjury trial after prosecutors showed jurors evidence that the judge had ruled inadmissible. A Sept. 2 hearing will determine whether to hold a new trial.
News• Judge declares mistrial in Clemens' case
• Feds: DNA, steroids on Clemens evidence
• Defense to question validity of hearings
• Jury selection resumes; Clemens focused
• Judge: Others' testimony should result
• Clemens team to push blackmail theory
• Who's who in Clemens trial courtroom
• Clemens' attorney one of the best
• McNamee a key but assailable witness
• Moment of truth for Roger Clemens
Analysis• Munson: Clemens may walk after mistrial
• Munson: Boring but effective start
• Munson: Attorneys not after impartiality
• Did Rocket aim too high and hard?