Kiper's 2013 Big Board
The 2012 college football season is here and Mel Kiper wants you to know who to watch throughout the upcoming season. Kiper released an update to his 2013 Big Board on Wednesday and joins Chris Sprow in this latest podcast to highlight some the names on the list. Kiper offers his thoughts on what players will make LSU will be a faster team in 2012 and gives his predictions on the teams that will compete for the national championship.Other topics include:
• Kiper compares returning wide receiver Justin Hunter to a rising star in the NFL and may end up in the top five of the board in the future.
• Marshall's wide receiver Aaron Dobson has the talent to steal the spotlight during the early weeks.
• What players will return from injuries to perform at a top level and reach the top of the big board.
• Marcus Hunt has already established himself as a top defensive end, but the question is if he can build on his previous abilities this season.
• Key offensive tackles from Michigan, Texas A&M and LSU may move up on the board and cause major issues for opponents.
• Can Matt Barkley lead USC to the title or will the team's defense prevent them from going all the way? What wide receiver can shine with Barkley's support?
• Will Landry Jones have the opportunity to grow this year behind the Oklahoma offensive line?
• What cornerback will not have as many opportunities this year as a result of his strong sophomore performance and what cornerback from Auburn has caught Kiper's eye?
• Virginia Tech's Marcus Davis has the physical qualifications that scouts love, but he needs to be more consistent to maintain his spot as the third-highest rated senior receiver.
• What player is nobody talking about that Kiper says should be on your radar?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider