- Dick Vitale, College Basketball analyst
- 0 Shares
Each week I write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• I believe the bad decisions by a PTP'er really hurt North Carolina. Wow, the Tar Heels would have been super if P.J. Hairston were playing! I say North Carolina would be in the top five if he was in the lineup.
• There have been a lot of great performances by diaper dandies this season, but the most important freshman to his team in terms of value is Tyler Ennis of Syracuse. Jim Boeheim said he is the most consistent point guard he has had in his long tenure with the Orange.
• Here are five fabulous places that I love to call games from: Syracuse's Carrier Dome when there's more than 30,000 fans in attendance; Cameron Indoor Stadium at Duke; Allen Field House at Kansas; Rupp Arena at Kentucky; and the Breslin Center at Michigan State. A lot depends on the success of the teams when I visit these locations.
• One of the unsung teams in college basketball is Delaware. Monte Ross' Blue Hens are unbeaten in the Colonial Athletic Association, sporting a current 10-game winning streak. The last time Delaware made it to the Big Dance was 1999, when the coach was current Notre Dame boss Mike Brey.
• Now that he has announced his transfer to Colorado State, I wish former Louisville forward Chane Behanan all the best. I hope he concentrates on his personal problems. Behanan is young enough to get things rolling in a positive way.
• Wichita State has the best chance of entering the Big Dance undefeated. Gregg Marshall's team has rallied from big deficits several times this season, including last weekend. Evansville raced out to a 15-point lead, but that was gone before intermission as the Shockers remained undefeated.
• Congratulations to Travis Bader of Oakland University, who broke J.J. Redick's career 3-point field goal record (457). Bader now has 461.
4hMarc Stein and Tim MacMahon
13hMarc Stein and Calvin Watkins
5hInterview by Buster Olney