Each week I write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• Another year at Kansas would be so beneficial to freshman center Joel Embiid. He has a tough decision about leaving as a one-and-done for the NBA draft. The problem is the large amount of money that would be available if he turned pro right away. He has a world of potential.
• I have said it before and I will say it once again. Life is about making good decisions, and when you make poor ones, there are consequences. Oklahoma State's Stevie Clark found that out the hard way as he was dismissed from the nationally-ranked squad. Then Marcus Smart was suspended for three games for shoving a fan. Things have been tough for Travis Ford, a superb coach.
• When North Carolina beat Maryland recently, it was the last ACC regular-season meeting between the two schools. They could square off in the ACC tournament. The Terps are heading to the Big Ten next season, and it is sad to see this rivalry going away. Realignment has taken away so many rivalries, such as Kansas-Missouri and Syracuse-Georgetown.
• Congratulations to Villanova coach Jay Wright, who earned his 400th career victory when the Wildcats beat Seton Hall last Friday.
• How about a salute to SMU coach Larry Brown. He has done an outstanding job with the Mustangs. SMU has won eight of its last nine contests to move to 19-5. The latest big victory came against Cincinnati, previously-unbeaten in conference play, by 21 points. That win came just a week after beating Memphis. The Mustangs are building a legit resume to impress the NCAA tournament selection committee.
• Chris Walker, a McDonald's All-American, has been eligible for two games for Florida. People have to limit their expectations of Walker. He is a gifted athlete with a lot of upside, but don't expect him to log more than 10-15 minutes a game. He has to learn to play in the Gators system.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Clips CEO: Doc wants out if Sterling stays
- Sterling sues NBA, wife, others for damages
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- LeBron apologizes for 'chaos' with cupcakes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oklahoma State Cowboys White Bench Pride Basketball Legend T-Shirt