- Dick Vitale, College Basketball analyst
- 0 Shares
Each week, I write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• Tom Izzo got a pair of big additions for the future. West Virginia transfer Eron Harris has opted to attend Michigan State. The 6-foot-3 guard averaged 17.2 PPG for Bob Huggins' Mountaineers last season. He will sit out the 2014-15 season but will be a major factor when he becomes eligible. The Spartans also added Cleveland State transfer Bryn Forbes, who averaged 15.6 PPG last season.
• Bruce Pearl added a major player when former Niagara guard Antoine Mason transferred to Auburn. Mason was the nation's second-leading scorer and will be eligible right away.
• I am thrilled to see that the Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry will be resuming in 2015. This was a great rivalry in the Big East before the Orange bolted for the ACC. I miss matchups like Missouri-Kansas and Pittsburgh-West Virginia, and now Duke-Maryland is history with the Terps heading to the Big Ten.
• Delaware coach Monte Ross made a major decision when he threw guard Jarvis Threatt off the squad due to a violation of team rules. The 6-2 guard helped the Blue Hens to the NCAA tourney by averaging more than 19 PPG in the CAA tournament.
• I was recently honored by my alma mater, Seton Hall. Watch out for an improved Pirates team this season. Coach Kevin Willard has landed a good class, mainly from New York. Isaiah Whitehead leads the group of newcomers.
Each week, Dick Vitale compiles news, notes and observations about the sport he loves, college basketball.