Each week, I write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• It will be tough to fill the shoes of the NCAA supervisor of officials John Adams, who will retire after this upcoming season. He was always accessible and has worked so hard to improve officiating at the collegiate level.
• Congratulations to Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione, who will serve as chairman of the NCAA tournament selection committee starting in the 2015-16 season. He will take over from this coming season's chairman, Scott Barnes of Utah State.
• The addition of Stu Jackson by the Big East as senior associate commissioner is a great move. He will be a big help for the conference. The Big East should look to expand and Dayton and Detroit would be good markets to consider.
• Len Bias will be inducted into the University of Maryland Athletic Hall of Fame. I know there were issues surrounding Bias, but he was a great player whose honor was long overdue.
• One game which has me interested is Texas against defending national champion Connecticut. That will take place November 30th at Storrs. Give Rick Barnes credit for scheduling a tough non-league road contest.
• Florida received a tough blow when swingman Devon Walker suffered a torn ACL. He will miss the entire 2014-15 season.